HomeCalendarFAQSearchRegisterLog in
Buddha Chat

Share | 
 

 I don't believe in the Bible

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage
Narvré
Active Member


Male Number of posts : 40
Age : 25
Location : Australia, Cairns
Job/hobbies : Writein Poetry and lyrics and singing death metal and sing in general.
Registration date : 2008-12-06

PostSubject: I don't believe in the Bible   Sat Dec 13, 2008 8:31 pm

To begin with I will say that there are to many contradictions to the almighty ten comandments that I find annoying, whether it be before they where brought down from heaven, or after.

Two I think that Laviticus is full of usless laws that are there to do nothing but bind us from the certain normallities of life.
When people say god is going to save us from Hell, the things that god is Hell, as god is suppose to be all. So in essence, to follow what the bible says it's almost like a guy comes up to you and says, "Unless you run through the hall fulled with lacerated objects, I will bown out you brains with this shotgun" so you do it, because you don't want to die, and the once you do it he says "Lucky I saved you from my shotgun huh?"

Also, if god wishes us to become a part of heaven, why did he just not make us worthy? Why do we have to prove our selves to something that is all knowing? And if we're created in his image, then shoyldn't we already be us there?


Some of the basic reasons.
Back to top Go down
Guest
Guest
avatar


PostSubject: Re: I don't believe in the Bible   Sat Dec 13, 2008 9:56 pm

Well spoken!

I personally have a lot of diffiuclty with the Old Testament, I find it very self-centered. As for the New Testament, I do enjoy the four gospels (but don't get me started on Paul). I wouldn't say that I don't believe in the Bible, but I certainly don't believe the way it has been taught over the years. There are some good teachings in it to be sure, but people need to stop taking it literally.

For instance, you mention the Ten commandments. 'Honour thy Mother and Father' is a good example of this. This commandment had been abused by parents and religion since it was first written. I look at it differently, and not literally. Honouring mother and father is to honour the earth and heaven. But don't stop there, earth is merely our physical bodies and heaven is our spirit, or soul. Honour those both and the commandment changes quite a bit doesn't it?

In my youth, before discovering that little gem of knowledge, I used to think, why not honour everyone?

If this has interested you, check out my post "Sympathy for the Ego" and "Ten Teachings"
Back to top Go down
Narvré
Active Member


Male Number of posts : 40
Age : 25
Location : Australia, Cairns
Job/hobbies : Writein Poetry and lyrics and singing death metal and sing in general.
Registration date : 2008-12-06

PostSubject: Re: I don't believe in the Bible   Sun Dec 14, 2008 10:35 am

Boy, Paul is a crazy piece of work. He says he'll lie to spread the word of god, so right from the word go you know you can't trust him. He also has what I believe is a stroke during a walk he was haveing to I think Damascus, and in his book he states that he sawca bright light, Jesus appears before him, then he fainted and did not eat for four days or something like that.


The four gospels have a few incosistansies... Like, the story of Jesus' tomb kind of gets gradually more magnificent each time it's told.


I kind of find the fact that Jesus was allowed a grave quite hard to believe as well, because the Romans treated him horrably, and normally they just threw them all into a mass grave, so I don't really see why someone they hated, or saw as nothing special,(either way) would be given the honor of haveing his body returned to the family.


Some of Laviticus is beautiful, but it also says that Gays are damned to he'll and that you can't eat shelfish... Which I don't see why God would be so concerned with us eating something like Shelfish... But that's old testimat which you said you dislike anyway.
Back to top Go down
Jari
Active Member


Male Number of posts : 15
Age : 32
Location : Finland
Registration date : 2008-12-06

PostSubject: Re: I don't believe in the Bible   Sun Dec 14, 2008 11:27 pm

The rules descriped in Old testament belong to the Old coveant which God made with Israel.
Jesus was born under the law (Old coveant) and He kept everything in it. Now offering His own life for our sakes we have the change to pray Him to become our saviour and be resurrected in the last day when we die and go to heaven.
Back to top Go down
Narvré
Active Member


Male Number of posts : 40
Age : 25
Location : Australia, Cairns
Job/hobbies : Writein Poetry and lyrics and singing death metal and sing in general.
Registration date : 2008-12-06

PostSubject: Re: I don't believe in the Bible   Mon Dec 15, 2008 7:08 pm

Well I personally don't believe inany of the bible at all, Old or New Testimate. I'm Atheist, so yeah, but I won't stop other peoples beliefs, I just always found the idea of creation kind of dumb when theres no evidance, yet plenty for that of evelution.

I also don't see why an almighty being like Yahweh or his son Jesus would be bothered by people getting angry, or looking at a beautiful person and naturally feeling lustful towards them, or someone being in love with someone of the same gender(contin)
Back to top Go down
Narvré
Active Member


Male Number of posts : 40
Age : 25
Location : Australia, Cairns
Job/hobbies : Writein Poetry and lyrics and singing death metal and sing in general.
Registration date : 2008-12-06

PostSubject: Re: I don't believe in the Bible   Mon Dec 15, 2008 7:14 pm

or eating Shelfish, or associating with a Roman. I also never saw why the all-knower needed proof of anything, especially that something he created was worthy.

(sorry about double post, I need to use my psp for the net right now and it has a character limit)
Back to top Go down
Jari
Active Member


Male Number of posts : 15
Age : 32
Location : Finland
Registration date : 2008-12-06

PostSubject: Re: I don't believe in the Bible   Mon Dec 15, 2008 10:48 pm

Navre the main reason for the laws we can read from OT is to show how big law breaker man is and how everyone needs to believe in Jesus for their reconsalition with God, in order to get to heaven when they die and live forever.

Why God gave certain rules regarding what you can eat was simply because of health. Israel was Holy nation ought to keep God's commandments. Now God does not require these rules from you or from me but to believe in Jesus Christ, who was made an final sacrifice for our sins.

It's good to know you don't have to become holy (by following the laws) your self to know God but to just know that God let's him self to be known to you if you just ask....... It's a matter of praying "if you are there Jesus then save me.."
And you have to acknowledge that your a wrong doer and need him as saviour to go to heaven!
Back to top Go down
Narvré
Active Member


Male Number of posts : 40
Age : 25
Location : Australia, Cairns
Job/hobbies : Writein Poetry and lyrics and singing death metal and sing in general.
Registration date : 2008-12-06

PostSubject: Re: I don't believe in the Bible   Tue Dec 16, 2008 5:31 am

Why would I acknowlage something I have no beliefe in? I don't think I'm a wrong dore, I think I'm a right dore, which just makes the bible seem like it wants me to feel bad about ever natural part of my form.

Why would I want to go to Heaven? I don't believe in it... so I don't believe anyone will reguardless of their beliefs.
Back to top Go down
Jarrod
Member
avatar

Male Number of posts : 3
Age : 28
Location : United States
Registration date : 2008-12-29

PostSubject: Seven Deadly Sins   Mon Dec 29, 2008 8:00 pm

I have always thought that these seven deadly seven sins were funny. Mainly because many of them cancel each other out. Take for example gluttony, sloth and pride. If one eats himself fat and becomes lazy then his pride will whip himself back into shape. Lust is kinda needed for human reproduction. Because lets face it, if you are not attracted to someone in some lustful way, reproduction wont happen. So this sin is one of necessity. Greed and envy are needed to help improve our conditions in this life. If we do not envy a better life for our family than we will remain in bad conditions. If we do not utilize our natural greed then we will not attain anything we envy. Finally comes the sin of wrath, the sin of anger or rage. If we were not angry and did not show our wrath in world war II then the Nazis would have conquered the world. This sin has ended oppression, genocides and many other bad events.
These sins are not deadly at all. These are pretty much the seven sins of life itself. Without them life could not exist, or we would still be in the stone age.
Back to top Go down
Frankokiri
Member


Male Number of posts : 6
Age : 25
Location : Quebec
Job/hobbies : Writing
Registration date : 2008-12-28

PostSubject: I don't know if this post makes any sense   Tue Dec 30, 2008 3:48 am

What the hell do we have to save ourselves from? What the hell do we have to worship God for?

I don't get why people don't see this, how can people commit themselves to religions where they have to worship their creator. If we had not been created we could not worship but we were created and now we HAVE to worship? Personally I think it's like worshiping your parents for making you. Why would you worship them unless they had you for you to worship them?

Worshiping and salvation religions is like saying God was bored and decided to create people so they could worship him and people who didn't worship him he would throw out. And if that's what he wanted then why the hell did he create free will? He's allmighty!!! He does whatever he wants!! Everything we know as right or wrong are derived of his own ideas!! If I were not human, if I were a God I could write a story with ideas that no ones has yet and they would makes sense.

Imagine murder is not a known concept to us, at all, nothing related to it either. I would invent it because I am almighty and then I would say, hey don't do it! it's not nice! and then the men would tell me, why the hell did you invent it then? we couldn't possibly do it, you created us... Then I would say, hey shut up and worship me...
Back to top Go down
Frankokiri
Member


Male Number of posts : 6
Age : 25
Location : Quebec
Job/hobbies : Writing
Registration date : 2008-12-28

PostSubject: Re: I don't believe in the Bible   Tue Dec 30, 2008 3:59 am

Jarrod wrote:
...Finally comes the sin of wrath, the sin of anger or rage. If we were not angry and did not show our wrath in world war II then the Nazis would have conquered the world. This sin has ended oppression, genocides and many other bad events...

I agree with what you say. It's funny I had never seen them in such a way. Normally I think of them pleasureably through fiction.

My only problem is with wrath. It's the only one we don't truly need, and it's a stupid result of the other deadly sins. Though I must agree this is a pretty fairytalish thought: the nazis (is the example) had wrath against the jews and so we needed wrath to negate theirs. If they had not been wrathful then neither would we though. Sadly not the whole world sees things as I do. Some people enjoy being wrathful. This does make me wrathful sadly and in turn I believe in the death penalty. I wish we could destroy every single person who acts upon their wrath in harmful ways, then there would be no more need for wrath... let's not make anymore genocides though.


If we were all a bunch of happy Ghandi's life would be nice. Yes Ghandi was murdered and it makes you think "hey if we are all Ghandis we will all get shot" but imagine if Ghandi's assassin was a Ghandi, then Ghandi would not have been assassinated.
Back to top Go down
Narvré
Active Member


Male Number of posts : 40
Age : 25
Location : Australia, Cairns
Job/hobbies : Writein Poetry and lyrics and singing death metal and sing in general.
Registration date : 2008-12-06

PostSubject: Re: I don't believe in the Bible   Fri Jan 02, 2009 10:22 pm

If we were a bunch of happy Ghandi's we'd let our significant other die in the name of God's will but not our selves.
Back to top Go down
Meone
Member
avatar

Male Number of posts : 3
Age : 38
Location : canada
Registration date : 2009-01-02

PostSubject: RE: u dont believe in the bible......   Sun Jan 04, 2009 1:16 am

The old testament was NOT for the gentiles...It was for the jewish people who God literally made a nation when it was no nation. So the rules and laws were for them. Because God needed to keep a bloodline clean. In order for him to give them the KING who would save ALL. We lost our rights on earth in the garden of eden, by deciet. Unfortunately because of that we literally have devils walking in our owned territory illegally. So therefore it had to be taken back legally. The NEW testament has been altered, its just plane obvious, the true meat of it can be discovered by TRUE spiritual enlightment (born again). If u dont believe in something it will be difficult for it to manifest to u. Even though my last staement CAN be argued. We are human so we can defitnitely twist things. Nevertheless their is wheat with tares, dont pluck out the tares unless u pluck the wheat too. Let them grow together t'ill the harvest and then take the wheat into the barn and the tares to burning fire. So when u read the bible u must read carefully and ask for enlightment of the word. So if someone doesnt believe i tell them search your concious self fully and truly see who, what u are and deal with your insecurities and face your fears, make yourself accountable to yourself, and be very honest with who u are. Then and only then u might be able to see clearly enough to see where u truly belong. Anything to get us closer to the truth.
Back to top Go down
Manos
Active Member
avatar

Male Number of posts : 11
Age : 49
Location : Athens - GREECE
Job/hobbies : air conditioning n ventilation ships repairing zone ( Pc power user , internet , soccer , MuSic )
Registration date : 2009-01-02

PostSubject: Re: I don't believe in the Bible   Sun Jan 04, 2009 9:32 am

All the <>are mind prisons , old books , who cares anymore. Believe to your self. You can't find the truth in the abyss of faith.
Back to top Go down
Narvré
Active Member


Male Number of posts : 40
Age : 25
Location : Australia, Cairns
Job/hobbies : Writein Poetry and lyrics and singing death metal and sing in general.
Registration date : 2008-12-06

PostSubject: Re: I don't believe in the Bible   Sun Jan 04, 2009 10:16 pm

Manos wrote:
All the <>are mind prisons , old books , who cares anymore. Believe to your self. You can't find the truth in the abyss of faith.

Yet you may find faith in the abyss of truth, but this then trumps the fact that their is no truth in the abyss of faith. Faith is everywhere. I have to have faith I won't miss when I go to the toilet, does this mean there is no truth?
Back to top Go down
Manos
Active Member
avatar

Male Number of posts : 11
Age : 49
Location : Athens - GREECE
Job/hobbies : air conditioning n ventilation ships repairing zone ( Pc power user , internet , soccer , MuSic )
Registration date : 2009-01-02

PostSubject: Re: I don't believe in the Bible   Mon Jan 05, 2009 1:19 am

Yes there is truth. The truth is inside you, the truth is everywhere but we all love running after ghosts cause this is a more comfortable scenario.
Back to top Go down
Dr.Elmore
Beginner


Female Number of posts : 1
Age : 24
Location : idaho
Registration date : 2009-01-05

PostSubject: Re: I don't believe in the Bible   Mon Jan 05, 2009 7:26 am

how much of the bible have you guys read?....he did make us worthe but then atam and eve ate the forbiden fruit and we became unworthy because of sin. like our cloths, for example, say you have this great shirt that you love to wear. but then one day it gets a stain on it...a big ugly stain... what will you do? throw it away or try to get the stain out? well it being your favorite shirt you get the stain out. we are the shirt...sin is the stain...God is the person who gets the stain out and the detergent is believing that jesus died and rose again so that we may live in paradise. Jesus washes away the sin...

we don't have to prove ourselves to God. there are not enough good things that we could do that would pardon us from the consequences of sin only christ can pardon us.

the OT and NT laws are there to show us that we need christ...the laws show us that we are sinnful. And as mentioned before the OT is for the Jews.

honour thy father and mother IS literall!!!! Because the Jews didn't worship their souls and earth and what not they worshiped the only true God, the king of kings, lord of lords, the almighty God the Alpha and Omega. therefore they were talking about our blood father and mother....

i know why God wouldn't alow the Jews to eat certain things such as shelfish. God was protecting his people. He knew about germs so that is why the jews were reguired to wash before they ate...same with shelfish. they are bad for our bodies when we eat them because shelfish clean the ocean floor. they are the bugs of the seas. God was mearly protecting his people from poisoning their own bodies.
Back to top Go down
Manos
Active Member
avatar

Male Number of posts : 11
Age : 49
Location : Athens - GREECE
Job/hobbies : air conditioning n ventilation ships repairing zone ( Pc power user , internet , soccer , MuSic )
Registration date : 2009-01-02

PostSubject: Re: I don't believe in the Bible   Thu Jan 08, 2009 5:12 am

Exclusive gift for the good words by your God : a paradise visa card with your number up on it. But i am not a number , i am a free man and i am not sinful cause there's no sins. Somebody put them in your mind my friend!.
Back to top Go down
Narvré
Active Member


Male Number of posts : 40
Age : 25
Location : Australia, Cairns
Job/hobbies : Writein Poetry and lyrics and singing death metal and sing in general.
Registration date : 2008-12-06

PostSubject: Re: I don't believe in the Bible   Fri Jan 09, 2009 7:32 pm

How much of the bible have I read? Well if you look at my post it would seem quite a bit.

Also, he did not make us worthy, for eating the fruit was sin. In perfection sin is impossible, there for we are and never were perfect.n

Next your ganna tell me the earth was made 6000 years ago...
Back to top Go down
Guest
Guest
avatar


PostSubject: Re: I don't believe in the Bible   Sat Jan 10, 2009 5:13 am

Here's something that will make Christians scream.

As a myth, the story of the fall of Adam and Eve in Genesis, the snake, or the devil is actually the hero of the story. But not in a Satan-worshipping way, but because the snake gave us freedom. The snake introduced us to choices. Before this point we were completely ignorant in every sense of the word.

It was the snake that set us on this wonderful journey we call life.

And as for taking the bible literally, I mean come on. Only one set of parents? By that 'logic', this means that incest is perfectly fine because we are all related and of the same bloodline.

And haven't you ever noticed how the entire story invovles all the main characters blaming someone else? Adam blames 'the woman' and Eve blames the snake. And then get this God punishes the snake (which already crawls on its belly) and condemns the snake to crawl on its belly for all eternity. People, we need to stop playing the blame game and take responsibility for our own actions. Stop blaming the devil for all of our woes. They are our woes.

"The mind that created the problem can also solve it"

I am not against the bible, but I am against how it is taught.

Let me finish with my favourite quote from the Bible:

"Even the very least of you can do all that I can and much more." - Jesus
Back to top Go down
Narvré
Active Member


Male Number of posts : 40
Age : 25
Location : Australia, Cairns
Job/hobbies : Writein Poetry and lyrics and singing death metal and sing in general.
Registration date : 2008-12-06

PostSubject: Re: I don't believe in the Bible   Mon Jan 12, 2009 7:59 pm

Lucas your words hold much wisdom, and I am glad to hear them for the most part, but I'm sorry to say, that, as a whole, the bible I am against.


laviticus is one of the few books in the bible where there's just about no room for free interpritation.
It says you may own slaves, stone homosexuals, and children who try to lead you astray on sight, and for woman to sacrifice a sheep or two turtles and two doves everytime she mensturates(or something similar depending on which translation your reading), and that your not to eat shelfish and that anything a mensturating woman touches is unclean and if you touch it you are unclean.
Jesus himself also says that if you get angry at someone you have committee murder in your heart, but no one ever points that out when using the gable against porn but promoting the death sentence.

What I am not against is someone reading it and picking what they think is right, BUT they then do not say anything they agree with is the word of God or they're Christian, because honestly, that book is to much of a paradox for anyone ever to swear by honestly, and I don't believe humans can put the truth before themselves.
Back to top Go down
Jari
Active Member


Male Number of posts : 15
Age : 32
Location : Finland
Registration date : 2008-12-06

PostSubject: Re: I don't believe in the Bible   Fri Jan 16, 2009 3:57 am

Lucas wrote:
Here's something that will make Christians scream.

As a myth, the story of the fall of Adam and Eve in Genesis, the snake, or the devil is actually the hero of the story. But not in a Satan-worshipping way, but because the snake gave us freedom. The snake introduced us to choices. Before this point we were completely ignorant in every sense of the word.

the snake is just as much here as a screwdriver is a technician. God created everything and knows how everything works according to His purpose.


And as for taking the bible literally, I mean come on. Only one set of parents? By that 'logic', this means that incest is perfectly fine because we are all related and of the same bloodline.

Lucas wrote:

And haven't you ever noticed how the entire story invovles all the main characters blaming someone else? Adam blames 'the woman' and Eve blames the snake. And then get this God punishes the snake (which already crawls on its belly) and condemns the snake to crawl on its belly for all eternity. People, we need to stop playing the blame game and take responsibility for our own actions. Stop blaming the devil for all of our woes. They are our woes.

blaming others is typical human behaviour, what you have not read from the genesis is not how to live... but the truth.

Lucas wrote:


I am not against the bible, but I am against how it is taught.

well i dont think you have understand it... its not supposed to be to taught by anyone else but by people who alrealy believe in God because of what has happened in their life.

Lucas wrote:


"Even the very least of you can do all that I can and much more." - Jesus

which includes... what Jesus was actually talking about, healing the sick, etc, by the power of the Holy spirit.
Back to top Go down
Jari
Active Member


Male Number of posts : 15
Age : 32
Location : Finland
Registration date : 2008-12-06

PostSubject: Re: I don't believe in the Bible   Fri Jan 16, 2009 4:04 am

Narvré wrote:
Why would I acknowlage something I have no beliefe in? I don't think I'm a wrong dore, I think I'm a right dore, which just makes the bible seem like it wants me to feel bad about ever natural part of my form.

im not expecting you to believe the bible but when you read it you can either admit that yes i have done wrong and thats why feel bad - then you can admit that you need a saviour Jesus Christ.
He will take your guilt away, you cant do it your self.

then you can read bible with whole new understanding , after being forgiven and without guilt.
Back to top Go down
Guest
Guest
avatar


PostSubject: Re: I don't believe in the Bible   Fri Jan 16, 2009 6:29 am

Why do you think people need a saviour? Why is Jesus Christ the only Saviour? Because the Bible says so? Or because that is the only book you're familiar with? There are other texts to read and to explore and to LEARN from. For instance, study these quotes from
A Course in Miracles:

“What about your own salvation? You cannot give what you do not have. A saviour must be saved. How else can he teach salvation?”

“The Second Coming of Christ means nothing more than the end of the ego’s rule and the healing of the mind.”

Now take this next one and read it carefully for it is very important:

“No one forgives unless he has believed in sin, and still believes that he has much to be forgiven. Forgiveness thus becomes the means by which he learns he has done nothing to forgive."



And for those people who are determined to believe in God's judgement and the damnation of "non-believers", consider this:

“The unforgiving mind is full of fear, and offers love no room to be itself. The unforgiving mind is sad, without the hope of respite and release from pain. It suffers and abides in misery, peering about in darkness, seeing not, yet certain of the danger lurking there.
“The unforgiving mind is torn with doubt, confused about itself and all it sees; afraid and angry, weak and blustering, afraid to go ahead, afraid to stay, afraid to waken or to go to sleep, afraid of every sound, yet more afraid of stillness; terrified of darkness, yet more terrified at the approach of light. What can the unforgiving mind perceive but its damnation?
What can it behold except proof that all its sins are real?
“The unforgiving mind sees no mistakes, but only sins. It want to live, yet wishes it were dead. It wants forgiveness, yet it sees no hope. It wants escape, yet can conceive of none because it sees the sinful everywhere.
“The unforgiving mind is in despair, without the prospect of a future which can offer anything but more despair. Yet it regards its judgement of the world as irreversible, and does not see it has condemned itself to this despair. It thinks it cannot change, for what it sees bears witness that its judgement is correct. It does not ask, because it thinks it knows. It does not question, certain it is right.”


SO IF ALL YOU SEE IS OTHER PEOPLE'S SINS, HOW FORGIVING ARE YOU?
Back to top Go down
Conatus
Active Member
avatar

Male Number of posts : 35
Age : 34
Location : sweden
Registration date : 2009-01-17

PostSubject: Re: I don't believe in the Bible   Sat Jan 17, 2009 8:29 am

Theres is no reason to believe anything particular except your own state of being since you cant doubt your existence and think at the same time. Cogito ergo sum. Everyhting should be questioned, especially books.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content




PostSubject: Re: I don't believe in the Bible   

Back to top Go down
 
I don't believe in the Bible
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 4Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
 Similar topics
-
» Bible Study: The Wait Between the Dream/Vision/Impartation and the Interpretation & Application
» ???DOES ANYTHING IN THE BIBLE INDICATE FEMALE ANGELS?????
» Bible Trivia
» Number word strings in the bible (updated again)
» What are people using as their palmistry "bible"?

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
The Philosophical Perfection Forum :: General Forum :: Philosophical Debates-
Jump to: